View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2022, 20:40 (Ref:4127998)   #16
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Credit to Jess McFadyen on Twitter:

"Toto raising a very good point to Sky on the severity of any cost-cap breach:

40 x Mercedes team members were made redundant as part of cutbacks to stay within budget.

People lost their jobs over this."

Obviously doing his hostility on this, but the truth remains that if some people have lost jobs in one team, and see members of other teams not made redundant, there's a moral dilemma here.
As called out early in the thread, this is not a "salary cap", but a "budget cap". Who knows where the overage came from. Maybe it was some other "non salary" cost. But as it all is totaled up in the end, a case can be made to play the "we had to fire people and they didn't" angle.

I have no idea how big RBR was before and after the budget cap was put in place. I assume Mercedes, RBR and Ferrari had to reduce staff. The bigger you were before the cap, the more you had to shrink.

Richard

PS: Ugh.. this post pushed us to the next page. I have a larger post on the prior page that speaks to the larger topic.