View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4143279)   #57
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
So you're saying you can't drive at the limit and not go off track? Sounds like you're driving "over" rather than "at".
OK Max, fair enough. As I said in the original comment, sometimes to find the limit, you have to push beyond it. Maybe you disagree with that, and that's OK.

Anyone who's done any amount of racing - as I know you have Max - knows that the limit can change, even during a race, so it's not always immediately obvious where it is at any given moment, so if you're pushing on, there's always a chance of over-stepping the mark. Of course, you can always decide not to push on - that's the individual's choice, but for me, personally, that's not racing.

I guess the question is, should you be immediately punished for that, as the proposal would stipulate, even if it's simply a small mistake, and not something you're doing habitually to gain an edge? Or, should you be given a bit of leeway, the opportunity to demonstrate that it was a simple mistake, by not doing it again, which is how I see the current system dealing with it?

For me, the latter approach makes more sense. But others will see it differently, and that's fair enough.