Old 9 Feb 2023, 18:54 (Ref:4143311)   #60
abw
Rookie

England
Northampton
abw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
A final point: the ruling about how these penalties will be applied in two driver races makes no sense to me. If I, as a single driver in a race, are deemed to have left the track three times during the entire race, then I receive, cumulatively, one, two, then five second penalties: total of eight seconds, with the next excursion netting me a drive-through, which must typically be what? Another 30 seconds? Meanwhile, a driver sharing the race - perhaps someone I'm fighting with for position - can have the same three digressions in just half the race distance, netting him the same eight seconds - but then he can change drivers, and if his partner goes off once during his half of the race, it earns them just one extra second in penalties while I get a drive-through for the same 'offence'. 'Sporting fairness'?

I had read "For any race that includes driver changes track limit breaches are per driver (per stint)" to mean that in this scenario the penalty would also be one extra second once a single driver has completed the mandatory stop.