Thread: WEC Race 6 Hours of Spa
View Single Post
Old 7 May 2023, 20:53 (Ref:4154914)   #257
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlBD View Post
1. Do you have data on hand about whether the 499Ps had any difficulty heating up their tires at Sebring? That is, did their times after pit stops get back up to normal pace more quickly than they did at Spa? I wonder if this may affect them at Le Mans, although Le Mans is in a different season and climate than Spa.
Had a quick look. There is some evidence for this, but it isn't as stark.

Sebring: The average improvement between 1st and 2nd lap
50: -2.4s
51: -2.8s
7: -2.2s (although this is skewed by some slow laps later in the race, otherwise it was -0.7)
8: -1.6s

Spa is a bit of an odd one as the first lap out of the pits. So I have looked at the 2nd to 3rd lap. Here the Toyota looked like it was up to speed, whereas the Ferrari was still finding speed. Which we saw without the need for a stop watch.

Spa:
50: -3.4s
51: -3.1s
7: +0.4s
8: -0.8s

This is not that rigorous. I'm not happy with it from a good measurement. I have removed laps influenced by SC and FCY as best I can and ignored the first lap of the race. Also removed some obvious rubbish ones (when Ferrari went off?!)- this was me just guessing.

I would say that there is some evidence for it in Sebring, but it wasn't as stark as Spa. No where near.