View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2001, 11:04 (Ref:83961)   #8
F1Rumors
Rookie

F1Rumors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the plug...

Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
Yet they're banning braking and steering aids. If they can't police TC, how are they going to monitor that??
Actually, that is quite simple to monitor: if there is no power assistance to the brakes or steering, then only the driver can control it. It's simple enough to check that these devices have no pneumatic assistance. You can put all the electronics you like into monitoring them too -- without a feedback system, it's all just so much extra clutter...

By the way, there are no batteries on board. That's why they use an external starter: the electricity is generated by the engine, and must be permitted to do so whilst F1 depends on four stroke units... how else do the teams generate a spark? And if you have electricity, you can run electronic devices, and so you might as well permit batteries.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
BTW: f1rumours, just thought I'd let you know you're newletter is cracking and have been a subscriber for ages. Just a bit of support there for ya!! Everybody: www.f1rumours.com
Appreciate the plug, Tristan, but the correct url is actually f1rumors.net -- the one you posted goes to Formula1.com, a matter of some distress to us, as they are clearly poaching our viewers. But that's by the by. The newsletter(s) you refer to are a daily news submission and a weekly rumours sheet. Feel free to sign up. Also recommended is 10-Tenths weekly newsletter, which covers far more than F1, and is generally a great read!

Enuff plugs, they don't belong here -- I suggest the moderator moves any offending message components to a more suitable spot!

Just my tuppence worth...