View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2006, 12:01 (Ref:1568950)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue dude
Let it burn!!!

Does the name Tom Pryce mean anything.
Absolutely, two marshals rushing headlong across the track while the pack is coming, but valid comparison nevertheless, and the reason it's heavily frowned upon, to say the least. And I'm not saying I would have made the same decision as the Melbourne marshal, just pointing out the circumstances that he was faced with. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. There is also the defence that he was very, very careful about it, but I was still watching the pictures and saying "Noooo, don't, please - you don't want to do that..."

I also note PVDA's post. Marshalling structures down there are different from here, and we don't know whetehr he was a regular motorsport firie or not. If not, he may well not be so aware of the seriousness of that action. Above all, he shouldn't have been put in that situation in the first place.