View Single Post
Old 1 May 2020, 07:08 (Ref:3973914)   #49
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post

….In that respect you might find track days back first, especially when they are good earners for circuits and need less infrastructure.

… I actually think other forms of motorsport like hillclimb/ sprints and short oval racing may come back sooner than others because of the lack of infrastructure required and less risk (single car) of hillclimbs/ sprints
I've been talking to the MD of our "home" kart track. As soon as the government gives any kind of go ahead he'll be open. He plans to have a limited number of pre-booked slots and a limit of one driver/one mechanic but he'll have testing underway before the MSUK lift their ban. Maybe he'll even have racing as a lot goes on outside MSUK these days. Track days were the last to shut down they'll be the first to start up, the companies running them will need the work.

I've always said it'll be the grass roots that get underway first. No infrastructure needed.

Zef you're late to the party. There's a Legends e-sports series using "Brabham BT44" and "McLaren M23". IIRC Jenson Button and Emerson Fittipaldi were among the entrants.

But the Real Thing at Silverstone? There's no way enough spectators will be allowed to make it viable.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk