View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2012, 15:41 (Ref:3049490)   #56
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Even with "invisible cars" (and for this year, hopefully only for this year, complicated by the fact that only one car scores points) I bet it's a bit hard for the average viewer to understand why, besides the drivers' championship, there is no championship where all of the top P1 teams compete together.

One championship would be awesome. Named constructors' championship or something (better than "teams'"), that wouldn't be too far from what many of the private teams actually are. (In WRC teams are "manufacturers"... so I guess FIA isn't too worried about the wording generally). If "everybody has to win" then in addition a privateer cup or something could be created. I think even the LMS/ILMC way of having teams' and manufacturers' championships would be better.

And what comes to the drivers' championship... it doesn't make much more sense either because it combines ALL classes. As if GT/LMP2 had any chance winning it?

Last edited by deggis; 27 Mar 2012 at 15:52.