Old 27 Mar 2012, 16:13 (Ref:3049498)   #57
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
@alexkiller8

Regulations say:

So as I understand it, if #3 Audi came first and #2 Audi came second, the #2 would still get full points for first place because the #3 (not entered for the WEC season) is "invisible" for the points calculation.

Of course you are right about differentiating between manufacturers and drivers points, I forgot about that... they made the whole thing so complicated this year...

So in this example, Toyota in 5th place should score 2nd place points for the Manufacturers Championship and the drivers should get 3rd place points.
be invisible for points calculation doesn't mean that the second one after will automaticly become the first taking all winning points! then if the final result is this:
1. #3 audi WEC not scoring points for manufacter's cup
2. #2 audi WEC *best result for audi in manufacter's cup
3. #1 audi WEC
4. #4 audi no entry in WEC
5. #7 toyota WEC *best result for toyota in manufacter's cup
i think that audi will reach 18 points and toyota is still considered fifth (or fourth if not WEC entry cars will be totally invisible) and not second! last year in ILMC was used this system. Example in 2011 6h of spa, rebellion #12 finished in 7th overall position but 5th in ILMC classification, but however received 6 points as reward for the race in ILMC team champ (six points was the reward for the 7th place). If this way is kept also this year well i guess that toyota will reach 10 points for manufacter's champ. About senseless of mixed driver's champ some time ago i expressed my opinions, it seemed that none agreed with me, but now i'm realizing that i'm not the only one to think in this way.