View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2022, 12:34 (Ref:4133938)   #57
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
It’s a wonderful quirk of English that whenever people get principle and principal mixed up, the wrong one often makes more sense.
I don't know if I am alone in this or not, but I have a few words that I always struggle to spell as my brain just feels the correct way is wrong. As if I am hardwired to spell them incorrectly. Original is one. My brain assures me that "Origional" is "correct" when it is not.

And the above mentioned homophones that I have a mental block on picking the correct one at times. Principal vs principle! Thankfully I am aware enough that I usually slow down to think if I am using the correct one. Sometimes even having to Google them to make sure.

Richard