Old 7 May 2013, 04:42 (Ref:3243778)   #15
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
just lump all 3 classes together and name the series NZV8 Super Tourers Challenge Cup
Ah yes the NZV8STCC....its kinda been suggested before on here, and to some (myself included) this does make some sense.

Why not have the top tier as a choice of either a TLX or an ST, with the TL's providing the support?

Could parity ever be achieved do you think between an ST and a TLX?

Inky Tullock suggested to me a while back that if the power went up to 580hp then the TLX would be a match for the ST.

But its not about that is it. Its not about creating a sustainable motorsport category in NZ. Its just about who has the biggest ego, and the shortest, short-man-syndrome.

I will happily state here that I now personally don't care who gets granted as tier 1 (ST's or TLX), all I care about is good fields, professional looking teams with great drivers and lots of cool cars. And of course something that is comparable to what happens over the ditch. I thought we had achieved that with ST, but maybe not....