View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2014, 14:30 (Ref:3481486)   #15
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I was always very happy with a field of prototypes only. It's what I mainly go to see. But, then again, some of the best racing does come from the GTs (BOP'd or not), so I guess I probably wouldn't want them to disappear altogether. But I'm firmly in the camp of weighting the entry towards the prototypes...
Agreeing with you there Ayse!

However, I do follow the Prototypes much more closely than the GT's, the mixed fields of LMP's and GT's is just a large part of what Le Mans is, and has almost always been.
We shouldn't forget that the LMP's originates from GT's, and that GT's are the original racing cars of Le Mans.
As much as I want more LMP racing and close battles, I still want a strong GT field both in terms of the quality of teams, but certainly also the quantity of them!