View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2017, 21:57 (Ref:3755696)   #67
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe then the ACO should've have gone there in the first place. Not everyone wants to run hybrids anyways. As mentioned, when you have someone from the ACO who's in charge of the WEC's Endurance Committee basically admit that after Audi Sport left that they screwed up with their own formula, that too me speaks volumes.

And also, why didn't Audi Sport just revert back to running a gasoline engine? That's as big a mea culpa as them defecting to Formula E in light of dieselgate. And them staying in DTM might be a moot point if BMW decides to leave after Mercedes-Benz did.

I think that a lot of these moves are being made to cover up dieselgate and distract people--which, granted, the average person in the street probably doesn't know, or care about dieselgate.

People don't buy hybrids or diesels because of emissions, it's because of fuel economy. In that way, I'd argue that hybrids are a bit of a scam in their own right because they only get good mileage in city. On a highway, they don't get any better fuel economy.

And it's not like as I've said that VAG are alone--eventually everyone will probably be found guilty or accused of some wrong doing, mostly due to screwing people out of money, vs any actual legal obligations. IMO it's just a witch hunt and the only people who will be happy at the end of the day are greedy ambulance chasing lawyers.