Thread: IMSA 2023 IMSA Season
View Single Post
Old 6 Jul 2022, 13:52 (Ref:4118430)   #41
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
It replaces MP(rototype)C and would likely reuse some cars from MP(ilot)C. IMSA has at least been reasonably good at asking the teams for input and I'm assuming there is some interest in more seat time for GT4 guys. Now selling an LMP3 ride to one guy over 2 could be a sticking point but there were a few P3 guys who already ran MPC solo anyway. I wonder about teams in WC coming over but some of the previous Pilot Challenge teams are running the WC TCX I think it is with MX-5, Minis and M2s. IMSA kinda screwed themselves there with making only GT4/TCR eligible.

P3 cars seem to have sold about as well to club racers as the pro series teams. There are at least 10 who run in HSR off and on, and 5 or 6 in SVRA including the fan favorite Ave-Riley car at times.
Sounds like they have interest, but some teams are wondering how they could train in this series to step up if they don't do pit stops.

https://racer.com/2022/07/05/insight...p3-gt4-series/