View Single Post
Old 6 Aug 2020, 18:16 (Ref:3993388)   #207
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
We are getting closer to needing to merge Xfinity and Cup, make trucks the feeder series, and run the races as multi-class racing! I can dream right?

One class has high-downforce and 450hp, the other low downforce and 700hp.

My bet is an existing Xfinity team is stepping up.
No one watches that style racing already, you're describing TransAm racing but for ovals. Yeah, the fields were full for TA2 but the TA1 and others (XGT, SuperGT and GT this season) have hit or miss fields and basically 2 winners. TA1 is 850+ and XGT are out of homologation GT3s, slightly more 450hp I'd guess but TA1 is more than 700.

I mean I guess if you want wrecks maybe that would work but ovals make multi class ridiculous and who would want to run high df at anything over 1 mile?

Teams are already running with multiple sponsors to spread the cost over 10 instead of 1 main. And teams at the rear have always run blank cars funded by the driver, that's not gonna change and the fields will hang out at their current levels. The deals Nascar has are longer term and can fund a decent future for the full franchise load.