View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2023, 02:14 (Ref:4159211)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Check out the latest Racecar Engineering mag. They’ve basically nicked my best lap charts and tables

The lap time charts are presented as a rising average. Which adds some some niceness to it (looks smoother for one thing). I like looking at and thinking about alternative ways to view. I think I’ll stick to the straight lap times view rather than the “rising average” view, but interesting. It’s nice to see the big drop off if one or two laps were much quicker than others.

Here’s another example. This one at the driver level.

They also present a table similar to my comparison of top 50 times. It uses a top 20% of laps. Which is neat. Has the advantage of adjusting for race length and how long you’re on the track. I think I’ll stick to choosing a sensible length for the race and consistent length for each car. Adjusting length depending on conditions and number of slow caution laps. Although I’ve kept most races the same apart from the shorter IMSA races. Practically this isn’t making much difference and the results (it is the same overall data after all) look very similar.

It’s under Paul Trusswell’s section. Nice to see.

I wonder if in the future they’ll have a go at trying to “merge” WEC and IMSA? Or show the gaps as the race develops - I’ve seen similar things to this before and it was an inspiration for me. I hope I’ve added by some ways it is shown and having the different drivers on there.

Feeling quite pleased with myself.