View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2011, 10:19 (Ref:2993411)   #77
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Yeah. Now that the ELMS is back, maybe there should be some shared races between the ELMS and ALMS. I don't know if the teams would have the budget to do such a thing (perhaps make it a non-championship event for visiting teams), but it could be nice to have a "classic" race or two in both Europe and NA that are outside the FIA/WEC's grubby hands. Granted, I guess we saw how this idea worked out in 2001 so I won't count on this ever happening!
Obviously not cause otherwise we would have seen more European teams at the Petit in former years. Afterall, there were auto entries to Le Mans up for grabs... With no such thing present for the European races I highly doubt ALMS teams are even considering coming across the pond.

Now if Peter and IMSA would come up with an interesting travel package and keep in mind the combined schedules and all Le Mans 24H activities, there could be some guests to the Petit and perhaps Zolder (giving ALMS teams also the opportunity to join the WEC at Spa and LM test day).

Edit: Zolder is not convenient with the ALMS round at Laguna (nor is the rest of the ELMS schedule unfortunately).