View Single Post
Old 9 May 2009, 13:51 (Ref:2458552)   #120
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
My God, all one has to do is look at qualifying at Le Mans last year...6.6 seconds between the Peugeot and the 1st gas powered car. That's HUGE. And what has the ACO done since? Boost reduction, inlet restrictor reduction, and now they've added 30 kgs. They've chucked a lot at the diesels and only now are we seeing some time reduction.
To make it clear, I think this most recent reg change was a good thing. Without doubt, early on the diesel cars had a regs advantage.

My problem is with this sort of statement after qualifying today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r
...the 1.4 second gap to the Pugs is caused by the fact the Diesel regulations still give them a big advantage.
Look, I'm not trying to say that Peugeot are competing at the same level as AMR, Pescarolo, etc. Clearly they are a better team with a better car. I am just dumbfounded by this idea that the gap at the front is clearly due to the specifics of the engine regs, and has nothing to do with any other factors. How does one explain the other gaps among the field, most of which are much greater than the 1 second we are seing between Peugeot and AMR?