View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2022, 13:05 (Ref:4103087)   #15
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
No way they did this announcement if it wasn't agreed. I'd far rather see G56 used for something like this than a barely modified P2. G56 should bring actual intrigue and add to the show, IMO. I think we've seen "G56 material" is anything the ACO want it to be. Or, whoever is actually interested in doing something.

With all the variety has been stripped out of ACO rules racing, I think this should be applauded.
To me, G56 has been transformed into a spot for cars not within the current rules. Could be something with new tech, or could be a stock car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Jumping ahead a bit - but with the marketing hat on, I'm quite interested as to who could end up driving this.

The Cup schedule is so relentless. Taking this year as an example, you've got races on both the Test Day and LM24 race weekends. So you'd imagine any full time Cup drivers are non starters. Surely you'd want a name driver or two to add to the whole thing. I'm just gonna come out and say it - could we get Jeff Gordon at Le Mans, in a Nascar?
I was thinking Nascar would love to have a current driver in there, for the publicity of its own series if nothing else. Maybe the schedule next year will have some gaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
I eat my hat, if Jimmie and Jeff won´t be driving this thing.
I was thinking Jimmy with the prototype driving he has been doing the last couple of seasons. Would they go with a car for retired drivers only though? Nascar is probably more about drivers than cars, so I bet they try to get at least one current driver in there.