View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2022, 23:37 (Ref:4103208)   #26
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
I barely followed nascar in my life but if actual nascar cars are still sticking to those caveman pushrod 5.8L V8, as far I know, teams used to have fresh engines at each race, unless if a engine was still healthy after a race in poor demanding short ovals like bristol.
Of course is quite unlikely that kind of engine could last 24 hours if set to revving up to >9000rpm all the time as they normally do.
Bristol ain't easy on the engines at all, the up and downs and high banking meant they were still torn down every weekend. With the last update I believe the engines are sealed and counted to start the season. Last I knew it was equal to 2 races per engine for the season so think that's 18 engines with an extra allowance for Daytona I believe. I have not seen Next Gen engine limits lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
How many hours does a nascar engine typically go through before rebuilds? I have no clue, but this makes me think they may end up with an entirely un-nascar powertrain for the hybrid option. Possibly the unit that will be used in the new Caddy lmdh?
I was thinking possibly a powertrain test for the new Vette hybrid system but Caddy plus spec hybrid option as well