View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2022, 21:42 (Ref:4116475)   #57
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I have tickets but I am wavering on whether it was a good idea. Le Mans is not easy for photography, which is my reason for attending events. Peter Auto have reserved the Dunlop, Panorama, Raccordement, Wollek and T34 stands for their sponsors, club members etc. That eliminates about 75% of the best photo spots.

Plus if it is forecast to be 35C like it was this weekend, I wouldn’t go whatever.
If you've never been to the Classic, you may be surprised at how many photo opportunities there are.
You can get very close to the cars in the paddocks and collecting areas and with some luck get to chat with drivers of yesteryear. I'd be amazed if Henri Pescarolo and Jackie Ickx aren't there. A few years ago I helped Emanuele Pirro push a stalled GT40 out of harm's way on its way back to its paddock. Chatted with Derek Bell and Richard Attwood there too, many years after I first asked DB for his autograph at the race in 1981 that he and JI won.
Taking photos from grandstands isn't my cup of tea (beg your pardon, it's your choice!) but you might find CTD's map helpful, if you're prepared to do some walking.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...143371582&z=13
Loads of classic cars in the Clubs areas along with the concours cars on display.
Forecast is warm and sunny, upper 20s, rather than 30s, but bring a hat and lots of water.