View Single Post
Old 24 Jun 2022, 12:32 (Ref:4116809)   #61
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Thanks, I hace been under a rock apparently. I thought Action Exp was an outgrowth from Flis? So, owned by Jim France, and manager is Gary Nelson.... I'm not a Nascar person, more road racing. Grew up outskirts of Orlando. Dayrona 60 miles one way, Sebring 90 miles the other way. Been to and follow the Daytona stock car events. Have met France family socially a long time ago.
So, this Garage 56 project has some mighty racing history and personel behind it, at least for a now displaced Floridian.
The Flis Bros, Troy merged Spirit of Daytona crew with the Flis Performance shop (brother Todd) to now be THE supplier of MX-5 Cup cars. I think they build the US based cars only but it was announced pre-pandemic so feels like a million years ago.

Action Express has grown from the little team (with France checkbook) and the "unauthorized" Cayenne engined DP to the front line GM DP/DPi/GTP team. But they are working the old adage, to make a small fortune in racing....