View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2022, 16:36 (Ref:4117497)   #1154
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Not sure if anything has been posted about campsites and bookings, so here goes:

When booking through the ACO or via another agency, do they allocate a certain amount of space for the pitch? If so do they base it on tent capacity or people? I'm looking at a bigger tent for next year and although I'll be camping alone I'll probably take a 4man tent.

I ask because Travel Destinations gave me half a pitch and only charged me for one person this year. But I only had a 2 person pop up tent (as discussed elsewhere).
Private camp sites are free to do what they like but I believe all the ACO ones are a standard size for every pitch. So space is your limiting factor. In theory you need to get everything inside the lines, including your car. This often doesn't happen in reality with cars jutting out into the rangs or sometimes parked elsewhere. At least that's the case in Houx. 7m x 5m rings a bell. You can get a four-man tent inside a standard pitch.