View Single Post
Old 24 May 2008, 17:23 (Ref:2210634)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Likewise, I absolutely hate the new village. No atmosphere whatsoever and a thoroughly unpleasant place to spend time. Awful!

I'm also struggling to think of anything that hasn't been replaced since my first visit (apart from what's been mentioned above). Strange as it may sound, my favourite feature of what's left of the old buildings is the open air 'p***wall' at the back of the toilet block behind what is now the Sommer tribune. I assume it must be a protected building due to the rare species that live and grow within the ecosystem which exists in the channel of water that flows above the urinal!
And I thought I was the only one that appreciated that particular feature, have peed there every year that i have been it has become part of the tradition, but just couldn't remember which stand it was behind.