View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2013, 07:58 (Ref:3315604)   #447
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i think saturday evening is not as good as friday night, we did pop in after the 6 hour classic on the saturday evening and it was not the same, I suspect that those involved in the main race were busy and those racing on Sunday on keen so friday evening is better if you are in francochamp.
OK for us brits a beer menu is a novelty, as is drinking from small fancy glasses rather than a pint glass, and as for the draft beer where you pay for 50cl of beer but get 20cl of foam and 30cl of actual beer,
As for staying away from the circuit, be careful the queues of cars trying to either get into the car parks or just through francochamps were stupid, stretched back to the airport according to some people we spoke to
Interesting about the queues of traffic getting into Spa. I've never had any bother really getting in for ELMS/WEC rounds, are the crowds for the Classic notably bigger? Depending on where you find to stay it's also possible to walk to the track from actually quite near Spa itself - not trivial, but not the Inca Trail either.

In May I was particularly struck that there was much more of a buzz around the restaurants etc on the Friday night, Saturday was a lot quieter, and I guess we were that bit more tired, and figured sitting out with a takeaway pizza and a good bottle of wine was somehow more in line with what we wanted to do.