View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 2007, 19:11 (Ref:2021994)   #68
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
if I wanted to find the answer to this question, I could e-mail a friend, whos broter works for shell motorsport, and supports the Ferrari F1 team with their fuels and lubricants, and I know from what hes already told me, the fuel they supply ferrari F1 aint available at the pumps, and the oils arent available off the shelf either, they have a team of about 20 lab boffins creating new mixes all the time......shell pump hundreds of millions of bucks per year into ferrari F1 and they dont mess around.

but I'm not going to do this, as the answer is obvious about the lemans diesel fuels.........rest assured, the diesel that shell supply to Audi has been seriously tinkered with, cetane value is only a fraction of the story, oxygen content, density, anti-foaming additives all play a crucial part in forming some potent race fuel.

Mobil do the same for McLaren F1......and Elf do the same for Renault F1......I went to an engine tech lecture from John hilton (ex renault F1 engine designer), and he said over 1 season, half of their 40 bhp power improvements came from Elf, just with new fuels and lubricants.......available from the pumps - load of tosh, and the FIA know it.