View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2005, 06:47 (Ref:1331280)   #9
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The old Norme 86 is easy to describe - place a bunsen burner underneath the outer layer of the fabric and wait til the temperature on the inner layer goes above the threshold of 2nd degree burns. If it's more than 12 seconds and the lining material stays in one piece when twisted several times along the warp and the weft, voila, it's passed.

What I don't know is the difference between the suits registered 007 and 008, and that's what Sparco will need to tell you. Some suggestions would be: 2-layer vs 3-layer and heavier cloth somewhere, but I don't know.

BTW I don't think the standards have changed that much for 8856-2000, just a more scientific (read expensive) way of measuring. 12 seconds isn't very long.