View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2021, 09:47 (Ref:4072287)   #13
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
My view on this is that Silverstone have doubled down on a business model of having F1 and MotoGP and selling track days and corporate events off the back of that. Take a look at their website - other motorsport is barely visible. They still don’t have tickets on sale (or even a listing) for all the remaining club events.
I'd agree with that - F1, Moto GP and possibly BTCC - forget everything else it's just an inconvenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
My view on this is that Silverstone have SRO don’t go because Silverstone charge too much for what it is - a windswept, barren industrial park. Look at the other circuits on the calendar - prettier, more character, better locations. And all cheaper to hire.
Those are largely the reasons I don't go to Silverstone

Maybe Donington would be an option for the endurance round? It has the advantages of Silverstone (central location mainly) but not the drawbacks. Also MSV would actually promote the meeting. Moot point obviously as the calendar is already decided.