View Single Post
Old 22 Oct 2000, 12:43 (Ref:44033)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

it's idiots like me who make the road a more dangerous place.
how did i pass my test? yesterday, on a roundabout with traffic lights in the middle of rush hour, the guy in front of me pulled to a stop. i didn't even notice (despite having my eyes fixed on the back of his car), and drove straight into the back of him. luckily, neither of our cars were even scratched, despite creating a hefty thud and a nice traffic jam.
how do we young girls pass our tests? we're just totally incompetant. don't even know how the cars work obviously.
no, but seriously, most accidents occur when the offending driver is either very ill (ie me with a stinking cold and hence very slowed reactions), or very stressed (ie my mum, who drove straight over the top of a renault 5 at a junction).

buses are daft. once, i was sat innocently on the 31 bus, ready to meet my friend in town, when as we pulled out at a junction, *thud*. a peugeot 205 piled straight into the sie of us. the us driver hadn't even noticed there was this car coming, and had pulled out right in front of him. naturally, you can't slow down much at 50mph. nor can you avoid a big white stagecoach bus. no-one was hurt, despite the car being a bit worse for wear, but the very nice driver was looking a bit bewildered.