View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2019, 11:16 (Ref:3907678)   #84
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
There is no need to SHOUT AT ME, just because I say that in my opinion the FCY rules are outdated and somewhat stupid.

It's not just Indycar only though, the Blancpain GT use of yellows followed by a safety car is equally stupid. Just the reasoning behind it is different.
What? If anything the current FCY is an updated policy from the old CART and Holmatro safety crew days of them working under local yellows. Current safety rules just aren't going to allow the old ways of having unprotected safety workers on track if any part of the track is green. And given the near constant need for repairs on any trackside walls/barriers they will throw the yellows. That's never going to change because of modern outlook on safety and what they, as race control, have to do to provide for safe work areas. And Code 60 is BS, looks ridiculous and EVERY team cheats that system. It saves nothing for gaps as drivers on different sections of track are at a much greater penalty, the guy on the straights is screwed when it goes green so don't try to pretend it's fair, it isn't and it's club racing bull.