View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2019, 22:40 (Ref:3907800)   #89
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Current safety rules just aren't going to allow the old ways of having unprotected safety workers on track if any part of the track is green.
That's why I think it is outdated. There is no safety issue for people in corner 11 if cars are racing at the other side of the track.

Quote:
And Code 60 is BS, looks ridiculous and EVERY team cheats that system.
And if they do, they get punished.

Quote:
It saves nothing for gaps as drivers on different sections of track are at a much greater penalty, the guy on the straights is screwed when it goes green so don't try to pretend it's fair, it isn't and it's club racing bull.
I said nothing about fair or unfair, but now that you started that: I think it is fairer than a FCY that disavantage a car that has not yet pitted.

Neither system is perfect, but I think a FCY for a single stopped car does a far worse job at keeping the gaps intact than any other system.