View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2019, 00:17 (Ref:3907806)   #90
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
That's why I think it is outdated. There is no safety issue for people in corner 11 if cars are racing at the other side of the track.

And if they do, they get punished.

I said nothing about fair or unfair, but now that you started that: I think it is fairer than a FCY that disavantage a car that has not yet pitted.

Neither system is perfect, but I think a FCY for a single stopped car does a far worse job at keeping the gaps intact than any other system.
No workers on a hot track is driven by safety and, more importantly, insurance so I really don't think you will see an American series be able to try alternatives. Maybe code 60, but I think that would be a stretch. Having grown up with it, I guess I like it or am at least used to it.

That being said, when I watch F1 and Le Mans I really cringe when I see marshals on track during a local yellow. It was a contributing factor in the last death in F1. It's just a completely different culture that I'm not used to.