View Single Post
Old 9 May 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3071807)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
where to view... since there's only two of us we booked the grandstand above the pits (sat up there before for a different race) to guarantee a view of the start and finish, plus somewhere dry to sit if it was raining or we can't be arsed any more. otherwise we're just planning to mosey around and take the event in a bit, particularly overnight and at the usual sunrise/sunset times. perhaps the regulars can help out with recommendations?

the drivers parade we're definitely going to - for us we'll walk to the tram and get into town from there. it's a long way from your site but perhaps it'll be easier than trying to move the car around once you're pitched and comfortable. the drivers parade i believe has a specific website but i can't remember for the life of me what it is! a quick google ought to provide a lead.

fwiw legally you need *one* hi viz in france, but they recommend you have one for each occupant. they're good things to have in the car in the uk as well. it's worth just clarifying your breakdown coverage too, and making sure you have the european contact number you can call from your mobile if something does happen. check your car insurance cover, but don't worry too much about getting the actual green card itself.

depending on your daughters age and state of mind it may or may not be worth you or your wife having a quiet word with her about the fun and games of being in a field with loads of drunk men. it's mostly all harmless fun and banter, but particularly if she's off to the loo on her own she might feel more comfortable with someone walking with her. just make sure she knows it's ok to ask and all that. i'm sure some people will think that's a bit princessy and not necessary but like i say, it depends on what she's used to. don't worry about it though.