View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2020, 11:12 (Ref:3973560)   #255
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Is the Ricciardello Alfa from the 90s still the front running Sports Sedan?
Methinks the pilot has a lot more to do with this, plus the entries have been more than a little thin lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Can you give an example of the F1 style units you are suggesting?
Try this one that PACE are currently knocking up:
https://autoaction.com.au/2020/04/19...TDES6WI1Ivl21U

I was twirling spanners on these things 15 years ago and people were trying to bring in rules to try to limit spending in areas that didn't improve the show. Without unanimous support these rules don't get passed, so those that had the money kept spending on more and more exotic things. Some time later minimum weights came in that took the value out of these things but still.

If anybody reckons you're going to go get PACE to knock you up a bespoke Sports Sedan for less than the cost of a brand new Supercar I have a bridge to sell you.

The reason I bought this up is that both F1 and Supercars have the same problem. At some point changes needed to be made for the betterment of the sport but due to vested interests the ultimate decision could never be taken.

in F1, its around a spending cap, the top teams want to stay at the top.

In Supercars, stupid **** like the goofy Mustang roll hoop and disastrous homologation shouldn't have happened, and there were those in the group who saw it coming and tried to deal with the issues.

But there's too many fingers in the pie and the organisation is paralysed by committee.

Needs a good dictator to sort them out.... But I digress.