View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 2020, 09:46 (Ref:3985486)   #6612
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
So, if a driver has to bring (say) £200k to a car just to run it who pays for the organisation to run it? Who pays for the maintemance, engine and gearbox rebuilds etc. Yes living the chassis for 5 years helps but development costs an arm and a leg. So I stick by my original thinking that these are not cheap low cost vehicles.
kinda inclined to go with peter albeit not to the same extent - they are not cheap, especially for what they are.

the thing that reflects that for me? no real cost cutting efforts from the organisers for this season, even though there's several drivers dropping out for financial reasons. i guess as the lead series they have a lot of contractual obligations, but have a look at the minis - they've realised a lot of their competitors are running on far less money than they'd projected, and have reduced the number of rounds accordingly. that's had the effect of spreading the cost of competing across the year more evenly when competitors (and their sponsors) are likely coming out of a period where they've been earning far less than usual, if anything at all.

toca have created this issue themselves. teams in all series have reasonably steady cashflows, albeit irregular compared to a lot of businesses. lockdown has meant they've had very little coming in, and now they're expected to pay for almost half the season in one month?