View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2023, 15:28 (Ref:4165783)   #272
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
from a certain point of view, Jordan currently sits just shy of 2nd in the constructors and FI routinely hovered around 5th. small teams, can over time, become solid contenders.

thats the good.

the bad, however, is the fear that the new teams will just be perennial back markers there to supplement the income streams of the big teams through the purchase of engines, parts, technical advice, place to develop drivers and staff (although this one is more of a good imo), carry a tangential badge creating the branding appearance of manu support etc.

but still more customers then constructors really. in this way they exist primarily to squeeze the already existing mid field teams and hence the need for large dilutions/entrance fees.

while i am not necessarily against new teams, i am currently enjoying the overall health of the existing 10 teams and worry that additional (customer) teams will further increase the divide between top and bottom which is something i actually do believe F1 has worked hard these past few years to get away from.

no doubt overly cynical on my part, but i have yet to hear a really solid argument for expansion. right now it seems to me (cynical again) that its just about the money?!?