View Single Post
Old 15 Oct 2019, 13:43 (Ref:3934676)   #96
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Which chicane?

If you mean Ford chicane and thus T23 then I recommend not bothering - it's not a great view, it's very cramped and you can get an excellent close-up of the cars up by the fence.

If you mean Dunlop chicane and thus T5 then absolutely go for it - it's a terrific view all the way down to the start-finish straight and up through the esses and under the bridge. Try to get a seat as far back as possible and on the side nearer the start-finish (though tbh the grandstands are only full for a few hours around the start and finish, at other times you can move freely around).
I have to disagree, to some extent, with your assessment of those two tribunes. Raccordement is indeed cramped, and because there are no seat backs, not a stand that's particularly comfortable to sit in for long periods of time. However, the view of the track from there is, in my opinion, outstanding, from the entry to the Ford Chicane all the way up to the beginning of the Dunlop Curve. There's always plenty of incident through the Ford Chicane and at the start of the Pit Straight, and because it sits opposite pit entry, it is easy to follow who's pitting when, which means you can follow most of what's happening in the race without relying on big screens (although there is a big screen opposite) and RLM to tell you what's going on. And for photographers, apart from the front few rows, you are above the fence line. I've been in Dunlop many times over the years, but for me, Raccordement wins hands down, despite the relative discomfort you have to endure. Horses for courses!