View Single Post
Old 15 Oct 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3934685)   #98
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I have to disagree, to some extent, with your assessment of those two tribunes. Raccordement is indeed cramped, and because there are no seat backs, not a stand that's particularly comfortable to sit in for long periods of time. However, the view of the track from there is, in my opinion, outstanding, from the entry to the Ford Chicane all the way up to the beginning of the Dunlop Curve. There's always plenty of incident through the Ford Chicane and at the start of the Pit Straight, and because it sits opposite pit entry, it is easy to follow who's pitting when, which means you can follow most of what's happening in the race without relying on big screens (although there is a big screen opposite) and RLM to tell you what's going on. And for photographers, apart from the front few rows, you are above the fence line. I've been in Dunlop many times over the years, but for me, Raccordement wins hands down, despite the relative discomfort you have to endure. Horses for courses!
Sat in T23 last year for the first time and for a change. Enjoyed it for the different view but not the bleeding of the French and RLM radio signals (always worse down there). Back to T17 in 2020.