View Single Post
Old 5 Nov 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2576278)   #20
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Looks like a terrific event,,,anyone know how mant F5000s are turning up??

and TF, whilst I sort of get where you are coming from,,,I have to disagree with "Biante is high end, big dollar, main game stuff"

Just because a few people have enough dosh to take cars around following the V8 Supercars and have lobbied to be able to spend even more dollars on unfettered mechanical mods does not mean they have suddenly become the main game!! Its sort of an insult to all the other drivers and fine machinery out there all around Australia. Don't get me wrong...I used to admire the likes of Brad Tilley for his car prep and driving ability long ago when he was an Nc regular and he and Bug Jum etc put on a good show.

The wider historic movement (to me) has a much bigger appeal than a few show ponies (joking) from a narrow era of Tin Top racing.
IMO if the HCC goon's (pass the port) crowd had allowed certain mods to the cars,a break away group would never have happened.