View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2001, 13:45 (Ref:124346)   #16
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Basically the only reason I posted the article is because finally SOMEONE got off the 'oh Jenson praise thee as the next British WDC' wagon and wrote a critical piece about him, something lacking from magazines such as Autosport, F1 Racing and other varieties not mentioned hence. The British magazines that we get here in Oz that I read do one thing: lay down at his feet and bless the ground he walks on.

I agree with many that it is biased, but it sums him up perfectly I believe. He is a playboy and a journeyman. Sure, he probably does love to race (if you didn't, why would you be in F1? Well money, glam, exposure etc!!) but I, and many others, believe that he's lost complete focus on the task at hand, and is worried more, it seems, about gathering 'toys' and dating the latest woman on the scene.

I've never been a fan. He was over-hyped to begin with, and frankly JPM's results in his first year are far, far, far superior to anything Button produced. I also don't believe he's this big talent everyone says he is. Wasn't he supposed to blow Fisichella out of the water???? Well, he hasn't yet, and there are plenty of rumours he could be moved again. Looks like no Williams drive for him in a few years, and on current form shown (not looking at what he's driving though) he doesn't deserve it. And if you're going to say 'But he scored two points on Sunday'? Big whoop, look at the retirement list!!!

And just to finish, the article itself was not written by the two gentlemen who run 'F1 Rejects'. They reproduce submitted articles, so the article was not produced by the two administrators of the site.