View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2003, 20:37 (Ref:628816)   #33
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here is why--I think

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
No, no, no, no,no - well certainly not at Le Mans.

It's not a touring car race - its a sportscar race. It doesn't need a touring car class. There are plenty enough entries each year without adding touring cars - why? Sorry, you leave me speechless......
One of the main reasons I got interested in Road Racing/Le Mans is because of the adversity of cars allowed to compete in the same race. You could have a Toyota GT-One against a Porsche 911. I'm just saying, I wouldn't think another class would hurt, even if it did include "non-sportscars".

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
If BMW wants to play, let them build another great car like the LMR.
I'm not saying they shouldn't do that. But possibly having another class may give manufacturers a way to show off some of their production cars. It will also give some manufacturers a chance to be in the 24 Hours when they didn't have a chance before.

Sorry, that's just my opinion. I don't mean to enrage anyone.
No hard feelings?

P.S. IMO, the more cars, the better!

Last edited by RacerGuy2; 11 Jun 2003 at 20:42.
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)