View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2002, 23:14 (Ref:342943)   #18
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by djb
I agree that a penalty is rather odd, but then again, I would think that considering their fairly good form in races, they were doing themselves more harm than good by not participating. Hell, look at HHF's qualifying at Silverstone, fantastic stuff!.

Now,I would like to ask a question concerning the non-qualifying.

Why do this? It seems to me that if you go to all the trouble of getting your team there, why not run the race? Sure, the motors will be burnt up, and there is always the risk of a chassis ruining crash, but things must be extremely tight for them not to be able to afford the "operating cost"-engines, brakes etc to run cars that are already there.
I didn't go through the threads immediatly after the race concerning Arrows, so if it was already discussed, sorry.
by completing one qualifying lap but not going fast enough to qualify Arrows met the criteria of competing in the Grand Prix Weekend whilst not having compete in the race, therefore saving hundreds of thousands of pounds. If they had competed they may not have even turned up at Hockenheim due to lack of money.