View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2003, 10:21 (Ref:499217)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Will (not can) Fisi ever win a race?

With what looks to be yet another year in a car which is likely to be 5th-7th best car, there seems to be no chance that Fisi will drag it onto the top step of the podium this year.

For whatever reason, the "top 3" have overlooked Fisi and to be perfectly honest, i don't see that changing. I certainly don't see Ferrari (eventually) replacing Schumacher (once he's retired) with an Italian, no matter how good he is, too political. And with Kimi a long term prospect at McLaren (and Heidfeld on a long term contract) it doesn't look likely that he'll go there. Renault (likely to be 4th best) won't be having him back all the time Flav's in charge and getting "commission" from his drivers which are incidently, under his management.

This only leaves Williams. Both JPM and Rafe are contracted to the team untill the end of 2004, if both were to leave at that time, Fisi would still "only" be 33, but with the current trend of going for younger drivers, would he be too "old" And would Williams employ a driver with that much experiance who hasn't managed to win a race?

In 107 races he has managed 9 podiums and 1 pole position, but hasn't made it to the top step? Will he ever?

I bet he rue's the day he spun out at Nurburgring whilst in the lead.

Last edited by Mr V; 7 Feb 2003 at 10:22.