Thread: BREAKAWAY
View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2009, 01:59 (Ref:2486309)   #55
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
I think this is good. I do not hate Max and Bernie. I do think that participating teams, as in many other sport leagues should control their own destiny, and I do not think any sport needs some top-heavy burearcracy to siphon off millions and millions, to award its events to the highest bidder without regard for its fan base, and on and on.

I guess I am an absolute fool...and proud of it.
This isn't a clean switch of power though, that's the point I tried to make. Max, Bernie and FOTA will all do massive damage to each other, financially and reputation wise. What ever is left after this battle may not have been worth fighting for. What will FOTA do if their championship doesn't prove to be as popular as F1 is now? The FIA and FOM will be left with a servilely weakened F1, FOTA will have something that can never be F1, in name, or arguably, as a product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
This is essentially going to be a series run by manufacturers and corporations. The DTM is riddled with politics and has only 2 manufacturers. Ditto the WRC. The WSC collapsed because it was heavily relied upon by manufacturers, even if Mosley pulled the rug from underneath it to a certain extent

I don't see how teams can effectively run a motor racing championship
There are so many case studies that show this will not work; CART vs IRL and the subsequent collapse of open wheel racing in the States, manufacturer overpowerment which ruined the DTM/ITCC, WRC & WTCC and basically destroyed Supertouring and nearly did the same to Sportcar racing on a number of occassion, and finally, the power of the FIA and it's ability to bring down who it likes, such as the Wold Sportcar Championship and arguably the WRC. The ACO aren't very trusting of the FIA anymore.