View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2024, 06:16 (Ref:4203798)   #979
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
As to driving, it seems like Vettel is trying to decide if he wants to give prototypes a go or not. He recently was testing the Porsche 963 WEC hypercar. I have to wonder if he is deciding to step on any merry-go-round at all be it as driver or in any other capacity. Or... just to continue to live the retired life.

Richard
Worth considering also is that F1 wont have anything close to fully sustainable fuel until at least 2026, and even then I suspect it might not end up being 100%. Seb can jump into a prototype now, without fear of hyprocrisy labels, given his own eco agenda of which sustainable fuel in right up at or near the top of his list, and the fact that WEC already use 100% sustainable fuel as I understand it. (His own personal F1 cars that he demos are all converted to run on 100% sustainable fuel)

Also the full WEC Calendar is just 8 events, and he can fit in to a part time programme that would cover just the 3 driver longer races, thus not impacting on a 2 driver team in the shorter enduros.

Of course the fewer events of WEC, even full time, gives him the extended family time he and his family yearn for, something which a 24 race promo heavy F1 schedule wont give him.

I cannot see Seb returning to a full time F1 schedule. It flies in the face of too many reasons of why he chose to retire. Reasons that have strengthened not mellowed since his F1 retirement.