Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2017, 10:57 (Ref:3752114)   #53
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
The claim that fossil fuels are subsidised here is just lies promoted by the left wing media .
I'm sorry, Tel, that in my post I used the wrong word which I also managed to misspell.

What I should have written is that, for the first time since the 1960s, the North Sea oil and gas made a loss for the British taxpayers when decommissioning and investment in to the industry was taken into account.

This article from Torygraph (hardly a left wing rag) explains further: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-the-taxpayer/

However, I would actually consider the fact that the taxpayers are paying towards the cost of decommissioning of oil fields as being a form of subsidy. Semantics maybe, but it still comes out of our pockets.