View Single Post
Old 7 May 2023, 17:42 (Ref:4154873)   #23
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
Scrutineering at Jacobins.
Agreed. But only one part of scrutineering was made at place des Jacobins, its called "pesage" in France. Then you had to go to the circuit and satisfy several operations. The most famous was to make a U-turn between the walls… No sport proto could clear that and it was fun to see the team mechanics cheating, pushing the car sideways to obtain the stamp on the official sticker. In principle, no one was allowed to watch when a works team was making its U-turn, specially if a french team…
Old farts, me for instance, remember that at the end of the first practice session we could stop for a moment at the end of the Mulsanne straight to have the headlamps adjusted. It was the S.E.V.Marchal area, Cibié was in a different area. Strange enough the U-turn and headlamp story are hard to be found and pics too. My memory? Not yet!