View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2024, 08:41 (Ref:4193271)   #294
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Have to think that both the IGTC and the Bathurst 12 Hour are at the end of the road.
The Bathurst entry is 22 cars
-6 from overseas.5 GT and 1 Invitational
-10 Australian GT3 cars of which 8 are Mercs
-6 Australian grid fillers.3 GT4 and 3 MARCS
That is really lame and so far away from the golden years of 2015 to 2020 it doesn’t seem like the same event.
Ratel has said they needed to get back to 15-20 international cars to make the series viable.After last years 29 car field with 5 overseas cars he was confident we’d get there.Instead this.
Once that meagre international component goes you are left with what is nearly a one make 10 car GT field.
For those golden years the 12 Hour was my second favourite Australian motor racing event behind only Albert Park.Now it feels like it needs to be put down and out of its misery......
That is a bit sad. I was expecting / hoping for a greater International support given we no longer have to deal with Covid complications.

I have to, given the entries and support as above, agree with the prognosis for the event, and that is not good. Also one of my favourite events.

Edit: Just noticed after posting, the comment re a few entries still in the wings. Fingers crossed, but even with that hope it still looks a bit grim.

Last edited by E.B; 25 Jan 2024 at 08:48.