View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2024, 09:46 (Ref:4193283)   #297
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
The issue with Bathrust is that is very close to Asian Le Mans Series which guarantees the invitation to Le Mans - I expect more teams would prioritise that and for teams from Europe is easier to travel to middle east than all the way to Australia. Look how healthy the entry list is for the Asian Le mans Series. Furthermore some of these teams are already in the Middle East for the Creventic Series. The truncated AsLMS season in Feb has affected Bathurst

Also if I am not mistaken, the WEC prologue is the week after Bathurst this year? Meaning even WEC teams that are not in AsLMS find it difficult to do Bathurst and then be back to Qatar.

Mind you I do not mind a small entry list for Bathurst if the entry is quality! Too many cars could lead to too many saftey car periods which break the flow of racing. There is a balance between too many and too little entries. I am just not sure what that is

Also finally a lot of new GT3s this year that are not yet SRO homologated - so maybe once the Corvette, Mustang, Aston get homologated there might be more entries for next year
The timing of the race isn’t going to change.It will always be in February.There isn’t a window where other GT racing will not be happening.
Australia is a long way away and that’s not going to change either.
There may be new cars homologated for 2025 I doubt this will mean an influx of international Pro entries which is what this race needs.
As far as ideal grid numbers I have been at every Bathurst 12 Hour -even the 8 Production Car ones - and small grid sizes of around 20 cars on a 6K+ circuit gets very old very quickly in a 12 Hour race.
Edit.Just following up on your WEC point WRT are running a 2 car team at Bathurst with their WEC drivers.Supposedly the date was chosen after consultation with international teams to increase their participation.
Being so negative gives me no pleasure.Like I posted above from 2015 to 2020 it was my favourite Australian event outside of Albert Park.I just can’t be part of the “everything’s wonderful all the time “ crowd.

Last edited by Alan52; 25 Jan 2024 at 09:55.