View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2024, 09:57 (Ref:4193284)   #298
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
The timing of the race isn’t going to change.It will always be in February.There isn’t a window where other GT racing will not be happening.
Australia is a long way away and that’s not going to change either.
There may be new cars homologated for 2025 I doubt this will mean an influx of international Pro entries which is what this race needs.
As far as ideal grid numbers I have been at every Bathurst 12 Hour -even the 8 Production Car ones - and small grid sizes of around 20 cars on a 6K+ circuit gets very old very quickly in a 12 Hour race.
Edit.Just following up on your WEC point WRT are running a 2 car team at Bathurst with their WEC drivers.Supposedly the date was chosen after consultation with international teams to increase their participation.
Being so negative gives me no pleasure.Like I posted above from 2015 to 2020 it was my favourite Australian event outside of Albert Park.I just can’t be part of the “everything’s wonderful all the time crowd”.
Unfortunatelly I do not see when else can Bathurst hold the race other than Feb. The big grids were before 2021 when AsLMS moved to this February Schedule and it is interesting that SRO is co-organising that championship with ACO. Maybe they will find a way of moving AsLMS to a more traditional Nov-Feb calendar and not be reliant on the Middle East(I am sure a lot of European teams are all for the Feb Middle East schedule as it allows them to participate and is cheaper). This might open up potential entries for Bathurst

As for WRT - I am sure the cars they have in Bahturst are not the same ones for WEC so maybe they are in transit now but the WEC cars are all good to go for Qatar